We got a last minute invite to a cookout for the 4th this weekend and I couldn’t make up my mind whether to make a pasta salad or a bean salad. So I went with both. Taking advantage of a bottle of Hidden Valley Farmhouse Originals Garden Tomato and Bacon dressing that I bought a month ago and then promptly forgot about, I whipped up this cold salad that was a tangy side with minimal impact on blood sugar. I’ve been eating the leftovers for lunch all week. It makes 6 1 cup servings at 305 calories and 11.1 grams of fat. So I humbly offer this up to Presto Pasta Nights, hosted this week by Helen of Fuss Free Flavours.
- 4 oz. whole wheat penne
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers, diced
- 15 oz. navy beans, drained
- 3 scallions diced
- 1/2 cup Garden Tomato and Bacon salad dressing
- 3 oz. 2% cheddar cheese, finely diced
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, add the beans, veggies, and dressing in a large bowl.
- Once the pasta is cooked and drained, add it and toss until well coated.
- Allow to cool.
- Once cool, add the cheese and toss until well distributed.
A perfect pasta dish for some brutally hot weather. Thanks for sharing with Presto Pasta Nights.