I love these little mini peppers. They’re just so cute and bite sized and stuffable. This time I went with an Italian flare. We used them as a main dish along with some Italian herbed potatoes (conveniently cooked in the same oven for the same length of time, fyi), but they would totally work as an appetizer. As a meal, serves 2 at 186 calories and 6.1 grams of fat.
- 2 links sweet Italian turkey sausage (I used Honeysuckle White), removed from casing
- 1 pint package of mini sweet peppers
- 1 oz Romano cheese, finely grated
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut the very top off all the peppers and remove seeds and veins. A fillet knife works really well for this.
- Stuff the interior of each pepper with sausage. I find that using the end of a wooden spoon helps for tamping it down in there.
- Arrange vertically in a small dish (I have a single serve Pyrex that’s perfect), or you could try laying them on the side on a wire rack over a cookie sheet to catch drips.
- Sprinkle with the cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes.