- Free-Ebooks.net mentioned Blindsight in their latest newsletter. The downloads have almost doubled overnight.
- Writer pal Sharon Gerlach tweeted me this last night:
For those of you who don’t know what you’re looking at, that is a post by me that’s showing up in Zemanta’s WordPress plugin to find Possibly Related Articles to link to your own post.
@kaitnolan YOU ARE A GODDESS IN TRAINING!!!
— Laurie McLean (@agentsavant) March 22, 2011
- In conjunction with the above, Operation Capri Pants will heretofore be known as Operation Goddess In Training. On that front, I am on a 3 day streak of sticking with my calorie budget, NOT ordering fries or pasta with dinner last night, and have burned 4 days worth of calories in 2 so far. So far the whole one day at a time thing is going pretty well. I feel like I have an inner Jamie Lee Curtis who’s popping up at moments of temptation and saying “Make good choices!” (you know, from Freaky Friday).
I really dig this notion of Goddess In Training. It’s all about empowerment and positive imagery, of which there’s never enough when it comes to fitness and health goals (note I did NOT say weight and diet goals). So I declare we are all goddesses in training and should celebrate all small steps each day toward better mental and physical health and fitness. Who’s with me? There can be a t-shirt. G.I.T. Going!
- I am currently reading Vicki Keire’s Gifts of the Blood, which is, so far, made of awesome. She’s got a fresh and entertaining voice and a really interesting concept. And God knows I identify with the heroine, who’s had too much responsibility thrust on her at a young age.
- Tomorrow I leave for TEXAS! Huzzah! And while there, I get to see the indubitably fabulous Claire Legrand and the gut-bustingly hilarious Kristen Lamb. Finally after all the stress some FUN FUN FUN! I am borrowing a car converter dealie so I can use my laptop on the road. I have delusions of maybe writing at some point during the 10 hour drive each way.