And tomorrow, I’m makin’ waffles! Ah the immortal words of Donkey. We love waffles in our house. They represent the WEEKEND and lazy breakfasts. This was one of my first forays into playing with GF baking without a specific recipe. The end results are hearty, tasty, and very very filling. Makes 6 waffles at 150 calories and 4.5 grams of fat apiece.
- 3/4 cup skim milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbs canola oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Tbs sugar
- tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch
- 1/4 cup sorghum flour
- 1/4 cup garfava flour
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
1. Whisk all the dry ingredients together in a medium size bowl.
2. Mix all the wet ingredients until well combined.
3. Add the wet to the dry and whisk until well combined.
4. Allow batter to rest while you preheat your waffle iron.
5. Spray the iron with cooking spray between batches.
6. Pour batter and cook according to your machine’s instructions.
7. Keep the finished waffles on a cookie sheet in the oven on warm while each batch cooks.
8. Top with your preferred waffle topping. We like PB and J or traditional maple syrup.