- I have not written since Tuesday. Let’s be honest. I haven’t exercised either and I’ve been stress eating like it’s going outta style. So we’re talking 360 degree fail on ROW80 goals and Operation GIT (that would be Goddess In Training, for you new peeps–it’s my motivation to continue to pursue fitness and a healthy lifestyle). My body and brain are totally in revolt and about to set up a protest until they gets healthy food. I just feel LOUSY.
- For those of you who missed it, the buyer backed out of buying our house. We’ve now had our hissy fit, and we’re moving on. While the house was under contract we kind of just stopped cleaning. Because keeping it in showing shape all the time for 3 and a half months is exhausting. So in the two weeks while things were moving along, we just kind a let it pile up and, let’s face it, it was NASTY. So yesterday was about cleaning house, moving the boxes I’d already packed, rearranging furniture to repurpose a couple of rooms, pulling down some more of the decorative shelves (I have a lot of them), and unpacking some of the boxes because naked bookcases are unnatural and don’t show well, in addition to the fact that they make me a neurotic crazy person.
- Today we’re headed to my mother’s to pick up some of the nice furniture and some boxes of stuff from her house to throw into storage. By the end of the day, my office will be a formal library and hubby’s will be a functional guest room. And we will probably have sweated through our clothes several times over because it’s supposed to be a high of 99 with a heat index in the hundred and teens. Did I mention I’m okay with the fact that we are NOT moving in August now?
- As a reward for a long day’s work, last night we went to see Super 8. Hubs was telling me that this was the story J. J. Abrahms wanted to tell with his Super 8 camera when he was a kid in the 70s. How cool is that for him to be able to see it executed as an adult with all the funding to make it exactly how he wanted it? I have to say, I was really impressed with this movie. It was shot to resemble an older movie, which was a little off-putting at first being used to all this high definition stuff, but then it really sort of pulled me in. It’s nostalgic in the best possible way. I could really see Spielberg’s influence in the music and the overall look. It was very shades o’ E.T. and Jaws and other movies of that era. The casting was superb. Win win all around I think. I might have to pick this one up on DVD when it comes out.
- This week is all about getting back on the bandwagon for all fronts. Back to healthy eating and calorie counting. Back to my normal exercise routine (I need to do my yoga in a really bad way). The house back to showing condition. And we’ll continue to address the small things that came up on the home inspection (for example, apparently the last time I painted interior doors, I put one of the doorknobs on backward). We want to get this place in the best possible condition so that with the next buyer, there’s no room for argument or negotiation or backing out because there’s no reason to.
- Since I no longer have an August 2 deadline to finish Red I am returning to my comfort zone of 750 words a day as my daily goal. This should put me finished somewhere around the 15th (as I have some work trips I have to take that will suck up writing time) and maintain my sanity.
Glad things are getting better. I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you on the house. And if I didn’t want to see Super 8 before, I definitely do now. Love that it’s shades of Jaws and ET. A break from the HD stuff is awesome.
As for the eating healthy, I’m there with you. I hit my weight loss goal in May and have been working on maintaining since. It’s a daily struggle. One thing I’ll tell you is to eat lots of protein. You can check out the various brands of bars and shakes, but watch the calories on them. Some are really high. Lots of salad and veggies. I was on a strict high protein, zero carb diet called Ideal Protein, and I lost 65 pounds in five months. Completely changed my life and eating style.
Like my nutritionist says: No food tastes as good as skinny feels!
Although it’s hard to believe her when I think about eating a yummy piece of chocolate…
I’m a big believer in high protein diets, but I definitely don’t agree with cutting out carbs (been there, done that, my body revolted and I was an emotional wreck). I think everybody’s body’s a bit different and generally I take an all things in moderation kind of approach. My big thing is to mostly avoid processed foods (so bars and shakes are a no for me) and stick to fresh veggies, fruit, lean proteins, whole grains. And, of course, to exercise. 🙂
This diet was really structured, and when I was toward the end, I was able to work in healthy carbs. It worked well for me because I was so carb dependent. I learned I didn’t have to be that way. Exercise is the hardest part, lol!
I need to get back on track with weight loss and healthy eating too. I’m going to try to incorporate more fruits and less hamburgers this week. LOL.
I’m glad you’ve gotten a good attitude back about the house. I know you were so upset about the buyer backing out. But good things will come.
My husband went to see Super 8 while I was in NYC, that bum. I guess I’ll have to wait for the DVD. We did get to see the latest Transformer movie yesterday, though,
Good luck with your 750 words a day!
Love your post. I needed a reminder of my own failings on the health and lifestyle front–or rather a slap to the head! It is inspiring me to get back on my own track of healthy eating and exercising again. I slide off of my routine about a week and a half ago. Ok wait, sliding is the wrong word. I crashed into a wall–hard…and face first. So yeah, back to the walking routine and the yoga. And the making dinner instead of grabbing whatever is handy and frozen. And just as an aside, I wanna be a goddess in training too!
Good luck with your word count and jumping back on the bandwagon! I have confidence you will do great and accomplish all your goals!!
Came by to say hi! I’ve been meaning to drop in for quite a while now and luckily, since I’m in the middle of avoiding my current rewrite (running from it as if it’s the black plague, more like) I thought I should at least do one thing on my to do list.
So here I am! And wow! You sure have your hands full. My hubby and I have been considering selling up and moving but I’ve been reluctant. Afraid of the very situation you’re going through. Fixing every tiny thing for a buyer who only ends up backing out. What a jerk! There’s a special place for people like that! Buyer hell or something, I don’t know. I’m sure between us we could come up with something creative!
Oh, and I’ve been wanting to see Super 8, but caved to the hubby and ended up at Bad Teacher last night. It’s cute, but shallow. One of those movies that touts profanity and nudity for no good reason, to the point it detracts from the story-line. Since sitters are hard to come by, I’ll have to settle for Super 8 on DVD. Can’t wait to see it! So funny, I told the hubby that the trailer had an E.T. feel to it. (love that kind of stuff!)
Hope everything falls back into place for you this next week!