A few weeks back, I had the idea to use pepper jelly as a marinade for chicken. It was delicious. I decided I’d give some shrimp the same treatment. It came out milder than the chicken, probably because of the smaller surface area for the peppers to stick to, but the caramelization is marvelous. It’s got a kind of sweet and sour thing going on. They were light and delicious. Serves 2.
- 16 oz. medium to large shrimp
- 1/2 cup pepper jelly
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Peel and devein the shrimp.
- Add pepper jelly, garlic, and the shrimp to a plastic bag.
- Squish around until well combined and allow to marinate for 30-60 minutes.
- When ready, load up your shrimp on skewers.
- Grill over medium heat for approximately 2-3 minutes per side, or until no longer translucent.
- Be careful when removing them from the skewers. They’re HOT!