Okay so I’m a little late posting this one with Halloween just past, but there are still pumpkins to be bought and seeds to be roasted! I don’t know why I never saved the seeds from making jack o lanterns before. Too busy making art, I guess. But this year we had particularly seedy pumpkins, so I decided it was time to try it. The end result was quite tasty, sort of reminded us of popcorn actually.
- raw pumpkin seeds, cleaned of goop and rinsed
- 2 cups of water per cup of seeds
- 1 tablespoon of salt per 2 cups of water
- seasonings of choice
- olive oil
- Boil the cleaned seeds in the salted water for approximately 10 minutes.
- Drain and blot.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Drizzle olive oil on a cookie sheet and spread the seeds in one layer.
- Bake for 10-20 minutes or until seeds begin to brown. Our were ready at 15 minutes.
- Once baked, sprinkle with seasonings of your choice. We used cumin, chili powder, and garlic powder for a Mexican flare.