Well we’re hardly begun, but I still have a little bit of progress to report.
One of the things I really wanted to do this round is get back into food blogging over at Pots and Plots. I set a goal of putting up at least 6 new posts this round (which is NOT much, but hey, baby steps). Yesterday, I set up 3 new recipe posts (one a week), so I’m half there on that goal. I expect I will wind up with more than 6 by the end, which is great. I started an Evernote notebook for recipe development, where I make notes on recipes I want to convert to allergen friendly (and how), new ideas I have for what might be good. Or, actually, simply writing up stuff I cook all the time but realize I’ve never made a post about. So I can get all the text portion of the posts done there, tag them as relevant (ready to post, needs pic, or whatever) and then getting the post actually UP is much simpler than it used to be. Next up, to actually haul out my good camera and get back to taking professional pics of my dishes rather than snapping stuff with my iPhone.
On the writing front things started well on Monday with 1361 words. And then yesterday I struggled to get more than my test mile of 500 (574). Pretty sure I’ve taken a misstep with my current scene. I’ve learned to trust my gut. If I struggle for more than a day on something, I’ve done something wrong. So today’s project once I get to my writing block (or maybe while I do my grocery shopping over lunch) is to sort out what I need to do instead.
I actually looked at my production schedule yesterday, with estimated word counts and projected release dates. Did some math estimating number of additional words related to revision. Concluded that I have completely lost my mind. And we move on.
Seriously, though, I’m going to learn to fast(er) draft this year or bust!