- I made my goal for February! I really didn’t think I was going to. With the snow days last week and the complete lack of routine, I didn’t write any prose from Monday to Friday. But yesterday, I settled in at my local coffee shop for the day and spewed out…about four days’ worth of work. I finished knitting the new section with the old section and revised the last waiting scene. I’m positive there are still some uneven spots relating to the shift from novella to novel and starting earlier in the narrative, but it’s fixed well enough that I can be moving chronologically forward on the novel again. Thank God! Writing out of order gives me an eye twitch.
- Despite the lack of prose during the snow days, I did plot out another Meet Cute. This one is directly related to the snow days, as it had me in a wintery frame of mind. Depending on how things go with Liam and Riley, I may start on that this week.
- Last night I spent some time going through my Gym Buddy app and writing down all my weight lifting routines. There are a lot of them. And they all need to be transferred into my new weight lifting app, Strong. I talked some yesterday about what I’d like to do to get back on the Goddess in Training bandwagon so I won’t repeat myself here, but all that starts tomorrow. Note to self: Set backup alarm clock. I’ve really struggled with getting back into a routine post Christmas–both in small ways and in a Nike Just Do It kind of way (which usually works for me just fine). The only thing I’ve done semi-consistently (getting sick was the thing that kept me from being totally consistent there) has been my taekwondo class (which, if I’m going to be doing anything, is a good thing to do). With the weight lifting, I’ve got everything from very brief routines that include 2 major, whole body sorts of exercises, to very lengthy, fine tuning kinds of workouts. The brief routines are supposed to be when I’m in a time crunch and just need to get something in. But it feels like baby steps are kind of where I am just now. So I’ll shoot for getting those routines over the next 2-3 weeks while I get myself back into a routine of simply getting UP on time and while I get myself back to cleaner eating. Today will be the last blow out, as it were, as we are having a wee birthday party for hubby’s grandmother (90 this week) and there will be pie. This girl does not turn down pie. Particularly when my mother in law is making them specially so that hubby and I can still eat them (because she is awesome like that).
- I have a new and very rabid writer crush on Kate Perry. I have several of Kate’s books that I nabbed during free promos over the last few years, but I’d never actually read one until this week. I nabbed the first one of her Laurel Heights series, Perfect For You in audio through the Whispersync program at Amazon for a paltry $1.99. She totally has the narrator I want to hire someday, Xe Sands, who is fabulous. Anyway, Kate’s books are all about independent women, which, as we all know, is right up my alley. Plus she writes well, with good prose, and engaging characters (which is several steps above a lot of what’s out there). Given that so many of my favorite contemporary series are ending, this was a well-timed discovery because she’s hella prolific (chicky has put out TWENTY BOOKS–short novels from 42k-65k but still, TWENTY–since December 2011–that’s, like, a million words plus whatever she lost in revisions–in a little over 3 years!) and now I have a LOT to tear through and enjoy (and, frankly, to analyze because clearly whatever formula she’s rocking is working for her in a big big way).
- I’ve been prowling stock photos this week as I got another free trial to Bigstock. I finally did something I’ve been thinking about for ages–I made a Mockworthy light box. Because I see so many stock photos while I’m looking for book cover images that are just hilariously awful. I want to do some kind of regular feature somewhere–and I don’t know if I should make a Mockworthy Pinterest board with captions and/or fake titles or some kind of semi regular blog feature or what. I’m leaning toward the Pinterest board because it seems best suited for images. Or I suppose I could do something on Tumblr…
- LOTS to do today. The house is an absolute pig sty and must be cleaned. We haven’t done a proper clean in 3 weeks (it’s that depressing time of year when you clean and then it gets immediately gross again because of all the rain and ick and you lose the will to try to fight it). I need to make my clean eating menu plan. Daisy needs her bath. I’m making a new microwavable heating pad for hubby (he’s been having cold feet issues at night). There’s lots of laundry. And we’ve got work to do on hubby’s new website. So I guess that’s it on my progress report! Hope everybody has a GREAT WEEK!
Snow days (or here, super cold days!) that force you to stay in, really can play havoc with your routine/psyche. Great writing tho – lots accomplished. All the best in the week ahead.
Congrats on making your Feb goal. Writing out of order makes me twitch, too. I actually have to set 4 alarms and it takes me an hour to convince myself to get out of bed, but that’s probably because going to bed at a decent time is something I have struggled with most of my life. Good luck from a ROW80 blog hoping friend.
It’s always great to find a prolific new author, isn’t it? Sounds like your reading needs are met for the next little while. Good work on the race to the finish with the February goal!