Okay technically we have until tomorrow, but I’m going to be on the road for the Evil Day Job, so I’m going to go ahead and post my #ROW80 Round 1 Achievements today. So, setting out at the start of this round my goals were:
- Write at least 20 out of 30 days. January: 28; February: 12; March (so far): 20. It works out to right at 60 writing days, so I’ll take it. February was just a struggle all the way around. I had the flu. There was some Evil Day Job stuff that derailed me. Getting the 60 days feels like a win, so yay.
- Average 1350 words per writing day. Nope. Didn’t happen. January: 1247; February: 1203; March: 907. But they are words, so I’m still happy.
- Develop at least 6 new recipes for Pots and Plots. I put out 11 this round. Almost 1 a week. I’ve got plenty in the development stage, several that are developed, photographed and written up, just waiting to go live. So for now, 1 recipe a week seems to be working pretty well.
- Finish and release my current WIP, a Wishful novella called She’s Got A Way. Didn’t happen. Why didn’t it happen? Because Liam and Riley decided that they were a FULL novel and went and completely doubled in length. :glares: But the original expected word count for the novella was in the neighborhood of 40k. As of this morning, I’m sitting at 41k on the book, so I did actually get the word count in.
- Finalize the plotting for the next WIP. I have done a variety of plotting on a variety of projects–the next Wishful novel, another series, and a novella for an anthology I dreamed up and organized back in January. So I’m good with this.
- Bonus goal: Write another Meet Cute Romance. Nope, didn’t happen. I plotted one, but it didn’t get written.
Other #ROW80 Round 1 Achievements
- I compiled and published my first cookbook, HELP! Food Allergies Coming To Dinner: The Pinch Hitter’s Guide To Cooking Without Gluten or Dairy
- I wrote and launched a new writer’s class: The Hitchhiker’s Guide To Novella Writing: Rules of Thumb, which is NOW AVAILABLE on demand from WANA International. Despite the fact that I let this one get away from me, I really DO know novella format. 😀
- I FINALLY managed (in the last two weeks) to get back into the groove on exercise.
All in all, despite all the struggling (and I DEFINITELY felt the struggle), I feel like I had a pretty productive round. How’d y’all do?