It’s already time for Round 2 goals for A Round of Words In 80 Days.
I’ve had this window open for an hour, looking for five minutes to scribble down goals, and I keep getting interrupted. It’s totally that kind of Monday.
So okay, let’s keep this short and sweet.
- Continue to publish one recipe a week (that slot is getting co-opted today).
- Write at least 20 out of 30 days.
- Finish Liam and Riley’s book. I was about at the halfway point on this at the end of Round 1 and realized last week that there were some significant problems with my plot. It held up fine as the novella it was originally planned to be, but as the story evolved to be a longer book, my plot points weren’t cutting it. I did a major plotting overhaul over the weekend, revised my outline, and set up a new Scrivener file, moving over what was salvageable. I was able to keep about 19.5k of the original 45k (and there are some other bits I can repurpose for another Wishful story) and dive back in to writing proper last night. The revised outline is back in line with the shorter 50-60k novel I wanted when it first began to expand. I’m aiming to knock this draft out in 6 weeks.
- Outline and begin drafting anthology novella. This is supposed to be 30k or less. I would be delighted to knock it out entirely this round (it’s due in August).
- Outline and potentially begin drafting follow up novella for Dillon and Avery. This wasn’t originally on my docket…at all. But people really liked my couple from Once Upon A Coffee and wanted to see more, so I decided to give them what they want.
- Clean up my diet. I re-acquired some poor eating habits over the holidays and now that Easter is over, I feel like I can really buckle down. Over the last month or so, I FINALLY got back into the groove getting up and back into my workouts, so it’s time to address the food side of the equation.
30K in 6 weeks and starting 2 other novellas this round? You must write FAST, Kait! I’m excited about your ambitious writing goals this round & cheering you on. Rah, rah, siss-boom-bah!
When I have my crap together, I can usually average 1k+ a day. I just don’t always have my crap together 🙂
I’m not sure I know ANYONE who always has their crap together. Certainly not me! =)
I’ve been reading your updates for a few years, now – and these sound sensible and suitably challenging. I think you can do these, without pulling out that gorgeous hair. You’re strong, smart, and determined.
I’ll be over here, rooting from your sidelines while in the midst of my own lovely chaos.
Great set of writing goals Kait. All the best this round.