The latest product I’ve had the opportunity to try via the Tastemakers program at Foodbuzz is Kikomann’s new Ponzu citrus seasoned dressing & sauce in Lime. It smelled amazing the moment I opened the bottle and I decided to give it a shot by itself as the star of the show on some lovely, juicy chicken thighs (which were on special for 69 cents a pound this weekend). Thighs lend themselves beautifully to crock pot cooking. So flavorful and juicy! When they’re done the skin and bones just fall off. At two thighs per serving, it works out to 2 servings at approximately 356 calories and 18.5 grams of fat each. I paired these up with stir fried veggies and coconut rice.
- 4 chicken thighs (bone in, skin on)
- 1/3 cup Kikomann Ponzu sauce
- In a ziplock bag, combine the chicken thighs and Ponzu.
- Let marinate at least four hours (even overnight).
- When ready, add contents of bag to crock.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Remove skin and bones.