It’s coming up on summer, which means the season for salads of all kinds. I get tired of the same old same old traditional salads, so I decided to make up a new pasta salad to much on while my hubby munches happily on his greens. With the combo of beans, veggies, and whole wheat pasta, this is actually a great side or snack because it holds your blood sugar steady for longer. And with all the colors, it’s just pretty. This makes for 5 servings at 284 calories and 6 grams of fat per serving. A nice, healthy offering for Presto Pasta Nights, hosted this week by Katie from Thyme for Cooking.
- 1.5 cups whole wheat rotini (uncooked)
- 1 pint mini peppers (they come in red, orange, and yellow), deveined, deseeded, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 3 scallions, diced
- 1/2 cup of your favorite Greek salad dressing (I used Mediterranean Sun-Dried Tomato and Feta Cheese)
- 2 cups navy beans, cooked (could also use Great Northern white beans)
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- Set your pasta water to boil while you dice up all your ingredients.
- Add the pasta and cook according to package instructions.
- In a large bowl, add the beans, celery, scallions, and peppers.
- Drain the cooked pasta and add it to the bowl.
- Add the salt.
- Pour the dressing over everything and mix well.
- Chill. As the salad cools, it will absorb the dressing.
Okay, got this one too – well done and great salad!