I had another night to myself, which automatically means dinner on my own, which means PASTA. I picked up a new variety of chicken sausages from Sams–sun-dried tomatoes and provolone. I figured I’d go with the sun-dried tomato thing, add some of those, which of course meant GOAT CHEESE because goat cheese is just awesome with sun-dried tomatoes. I added in a few other random veggies I had on hand, some parm, and tossed it all with whole wheat pasta. DELISH. This is a single serve dish at 611 calories and 24 grams of fat.
- 2 oz. whole wheat rotini
- 1 sun-dried tomato and provolone chicken sausages
- 3 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- 1 oz. goat cheese
- 2 oz. mushrooms
- 1/2 roasted red pepper
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated
- splash of white wine (I used pinot grigio)
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Add the sun-dried tomatoes in oil and the shallots to a skillet and saute over medium heat.
- Add the diced sausage.
- Saute until the sausage starts to brown.
- Add the red pepper and mushrooms.
- Saute until softened.
- Deglaze with white wine–about one turn around the pan.
- Reduce liquid by half.
- Add the goat cheese and stir until melted.
- Add the pasta.
- Add to plate and top with parmesan.
Another good one! 🙂
I also love it when I’m in on my own. Recently had one and cooked a spicy sausage pasta but with pork sausages.
They seem to be good for these occasions.
Don’t know whether you’ll be able to see this but here it is:
By the way, you should join my facebook group “foodbook photos” if you want. That’s where the pic is posted..
This sounds really good.