I think I’ve made burritos out of almost everything. This one uses a nice picnic pork roast and comes out moist, delicious and fabulous for burritos and for reinvention as leftovers. I think I actually prefer this to beef or chicken. Hubby declared these a winner as well.
- 1 2 pound pork roast
- 2 packets Sazon
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 2 cups salsa
- tortillas of your choice
- sour cream
- shredded cheese
- any other burrito fixin’s you like
- Mix the sazon, garlic powder, cumin, chili powder together.
- Remove the roast from packaging and pat dry with paper towels.
- Rub the meat with the seasoning mix.
- Toss in a crock pot.
- Pour the salsa in.
- Cook on high for 4-5 hours or low 8-10.
- Shred and stir.
- Reserve 1 1/2 cups of meat for tomorrow’s dinner.
- Serve the remaining as burritos, fixed however you like.