Reruns! It’s not often that I come up with something that so perfectly turns into something else. But last night’s pork burrito filling was so tasty and there wasn’t quite enough for two servings of exact reruns. So what else to do? Throw in a bunch of veggies and make a new variation of the Mexican themed soups we so love. This came out to 4 servings at 395 calories and 13.2 grams of fat “undressed” (i.e. without cheese, sour cream, etc.). Deb over at Kahakai Kitchen is bound to love this one for Souper Sunday!
- 1 1/2 cups pork burrito filling
- 1 can fire roasted tomatoes
- 2 cups black beans
- 1 can rotel
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn
- Throw everything in a crock pot and add enough water that all the ingredients are covered.
- Cook on high for 2-3 hours.
- Serve with sour cream, shredded cheddar, and crackers or tortilla chips.
What a great way to use up leftovers! I just made some kalua pork–I’ll have to see if I can come up with something with it. 😉 Thanks for sending it to Souper Sundays.