When I tweeted about this last week, everybody was like SAY WHAT? Instant intrigue because, really, quiche is one of those dishes that sounds kind of elegant and a cheeseburger…well, isn’t. But let me tell you, this was so good you’re lucky there’s a picture at all because we DEVOURED the WHOLE THING between the two of us.
- 1 deep dish pie crust (you can grab a ready made gluten free one in the freezer section of some groceries)
- 1 pound ground beef, browned and rinsed
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 4 eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup light Miracle Whip or mayo
- 4 oz. 2% cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 Tbsp flour (regular or all purpose gluten free)
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Beat the eggs.
- Add the mayo, milk, four, onion powder, and cheese.
- Add the beef.
- Pour mixture into pie shell.
- Bake for 45 minutes until eggs are firm.
I have absolutely got to make this!
You don’t need to pre-bake the pie crust? (Just double-checking… First, last, and only time I made quiche, I had to pre-bake it.)
Nope. I’ve never had to prebake a pie crust for quiche. Maybe if you use fresh pastry (which is not in my skillset…)…
Kait, do you see any problem with using dehydrated onion flakes instead of onion powder? (I just happen to have some, lol)
Nope, not a bit. I’d use about a tablespoon of those (as they aren’t as concentrated as the powder).