When I came home tonight I fully intended to be making Texas Ranch Chicken Casserole from Taste of Home for dinner. And then our internet went out and I couldn’t actually get to the recipe, so I wound up making my own variation based on what I had on hand and what I remembered. The end result was quite tasty. Serves 6.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 1 1/2 cups cooked rice
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 9 corn tortillas
- 2 cups 2% fiesta blend cheese
- 1 can rotel
- 1 can 98% fat free cream of chicken soup
- 1 can 98% fat free cream of celery soup
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 poblano pepper, minced
- 1 1/2 Tbsp dried minced celery
- 3 Tbsp dried minced onion
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- Boil the chicken until no longer pink.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet and saute the peppers, onion, and chicken and saute until veggies are tender crisp (about 5 minutes).
- Add garlic and saute another minute.
- Stir in the Sazon, chili powder, rotel, soups, and rice.
- Cut the tortillas into 1 inch strips.
- In a large casserole dish, layer a third of the tortilla strips.
- Layer a third of the chicken mixture.
- Add a third of the cheese.
- Repeat the layers, finally topping with the last of the cheese.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly.
Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this list of other fantastic Retake Homemade recipes…