Over the weekend I hit up our local Asian Market. I love this place. Seriously. They have some unique produce and fabulous prices. One of the things I found were some marvelous fresh oyster mushrooms. I simply HAD to make a stir fry centered around them. OMG, SO GOOD. Serves 2.
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 2 cups oyster mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 10 oz. London broil, sliced on the bias into 1 to 1.5 inch strips
- 1/2 cup of scallions, sliced into 1 inch lengths
- 1 cup bok choy, chopped
- 3 Tbsp oyster sauce
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- Heat the oil over high heat until a drip of water evaporates in the pan.
- Stir fry the beef until no longer pink, then remove to a plate.
- Dial the heat back to medium high and add in the veggies. Stir fry for 3 minutes.
- Return the beef to the pan and stir fry for another 2 minutes or so.
- Add the soy sauce and oyster sauce. Toss meat and veggies to coat
- Cook until sauce is thickened.
- Serve over brown rice.