This is one of those freezer and pantry diving “what’s for dinner?” excursions. I had half a pound of ground beef. That’s it. There is not much that can be done in this household of carnivores with just half a pound of ground beef. So I added in some beans and…other stuff, tossed in pasta and cheese and made a nice skillet mac. Serves 4 at Calories 577.09 and Fat 19 g.
- 1/2 lb ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1.25 cups rotel
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 cup corn
- 3/4 cup red peppers, diced
- 8 oz. 2% Velveeta
- 4 oz. brown rice pasta
- 1 tsp southwest seasoning (mine was from Penzey’s)
1. Boil pasta according to package directions.
2. Brown ground beef, drain and rinse.
3. Dice your Velveeta.
4. Add pasta, Velveeta, beef, and all veggies to a large skillet and stir over medium low heat until cheese is melty and all ingredients are well combined.
5. Serve immediately.