I love mushrooms. They’re such a marvelous vegetable. Okay technically they’re a fungus, but who likes to think of them like that? But they’re packed with nutrients, incredibly low cal and delicious. So when I found, not only fresh oyster mushrooms, but fresh shitaki mushrooms as well at my local Asian market, I really wanted to make a dish that would showcase all that marvelous mushroom flavor. Toss in some baby bella mushrooms and you get this delicious, creamy risotto. Makes 4 3/4 cup servings at 374 calories and 13 grams of fat.
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 2 Tbs unsalted butter
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1.5 cups white wine
- 1.5 Tbs dried onion
- 3 cups mushrooms
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tsp dried parsley
1. Heat the oil and butter over medium heat, until butter is melted.
2. Add the rice and dried onion, stirring for about 2 minutes or until onion begins to brown.
3. Add 1 cup of stock, stirring frequently until liquid is absorbed.
4. Add 1 cup of wine and the mushrooms, stirring every minute or so until liquid is absorbed.
5. Add the salt, parsley, and remaining stock and wine and stir until liquid is absorbed.
I absolutely am a mushroom lover 🙂 So this is right up my alley! And risotto! Mmm mmm mmm! I’m so glad that you made this!