Kroger had a special on fresh chicken tenders last week and I was craving something Asian. Since I recently found a GINORMOUS half gallon bottle of tamari at my Asian market, I wanted to use it on chicken. But instead of the usual stir fry, I opted to make something on the grill. These were quite tasty and went marvelously with the sesame fried rice. Serves 2.
- 8 chicken tenders
- 1/4 cup of tamari
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Mix everything together in a ziplock bag and marinate overnight, massaging periodically to make sure the chicken is all well coated.
- When you’re ready to cook, soak your skewers in warm water (to try to keep them from burning up on the grill).
- Preheat your grill to 350 degrees.
- Thread your chicken tenders two per skewer, wiggling them in a kind of wave pattern.
- Cook on the grill about 5 minutes per side.
- Serve with your preferred Asian side dish–fried rice, noodles, or whatever.