I was a total waste of oxygen yesterday. Didn’t get a thing written or actively plotted. Opening up the WIP just made me close it again because I had no idea what to do with it. Same reaction this morning, which led me to the conclusion that’s been circling around my head for the last six weeks. I need a better plot for this book.
I’ve been brainstorming with Susan for the last couple of hours, working on figuring out a more active and involved plot. I went back to Devil’s Eye and traced several plot problems (as in conflicts remaining from that story, not actual problems with the plot) from there, logically forward a few weeks, which is where Devil’s Snare takes place. And I realized something huge about my Big Bad which I’d forgotten about that should help. The end result? I’m about to open up a case of C4 on my outline. But that’s okay. I’m only a scene and a half into the book, and I’d rather fix this NOW than keep on floundering for several chapters and continue to have it be complete and utter shite.
The week wasn’t a total loss on getting back in the groove anyway. My goal was 500 words a day, and I did write 5 of 6 days for a total of 2747 words, just shy of 500 a day. Considering the total bleh of an outline I was working from, I’m satisfied with that. Even though half of that won’t be staying. It’s words and getting back into routine, and that’s important.
After yesterday’s DIY marathon on TV, I got all motivated to finish some things. I had hubs get down the mitre saw and I FINALLY cut the moulding I bought FIVE YEARS AGO to frame out the bathroom mirror. Painted it. Hung it this morning. So we went from this:
I also picked up some ribbon this morning to use on a window treatment I have planned to go over the window above the kitchen sink. I got the fabric a month or so ago and hadn’t been able to decide what I wanted, but then I found a really cute idea for an easy curtain on BHG.com. Once hubs gets back from golfing this afternoon, I may pull out my sewing machine and put that together. Shouldn’t take more than an hour. I also picked up some of that spray on with the garden hose window cleaner and some pro bleach stuff for the side of the house. Maybe I should watch DIY TV more often.
For the immediate future, I’m changing my Round 4 goal. It is imperative that I get my plot sorted out before I write much more, so that’s my focus this week. I’d like to have my plot mostly finalized by next Sunday.
I’m looking for a ROWbuddy with writing goals, who hangs out on Twitter, and is available for writing sprints in the vicinity of 5-7 PM Central time. I write paranormal romance/urban fantasy if that matters.