Would you believe I had never had soba noodles before? I bought a pack at the Asian market a few weeks ago and only just got around to trying them. OMG. LOVE. I piled this dish of lo mein FULL of veggies and had a dinner almost as big as my head for just over 400 calories. Happy tummy. Makes 2 sane person servings, 1 ginormous one if you’re starving. Servings: 2
at 211.25 calories and 11 grams of fat. Okay epic fail on my cookbook program for miscalculating that. It’s actually 2 servings at 364 and 14 grams of fat.
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1/2 cup diced peppers
- 1/4 cup green peas
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 1/2 cup carrots peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 3.1 oz soba noodles
- 4 tbs lo mein sauce
- 1.3 tbs canola oil
1. Chop and prep all your ingredients.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over high heat in your wok or large skillet.
3. Start your water to boil for the noodles.
4. Add the bok choy, onion, and carrots to the hot oil.
5. Add your noodles to the boiling water and cook for 3 minutes.
6. Stir fry the veggies for approximately 2 minutes.
7. Add the remaining oil if you need it. Add the garlic, ginger, peas, peppers, and mushrooms. Stir fry for another minute.
8. Drain the cooked noodles and add to your skillet.
9. Add the lo mein sauce.
10. Toss until well coated and combined.
11. Serve while hot.