- I have officially decided that my scale has a Scare Her Straight mode. Weighing a week after Thanksgiving put me up a whopping three pounds, which sent me into Plan Healthy Food mode and led to me guzzling a couple liters of water. A day or two later the gain was more like 1 pound, which is far more in line with what I ate.
- We’re house and dogsitting for my in laws this weekend. Our dogs are very confused that they are at their favorite place (Grandpa’s house) but their favorite person (Grandpa) is not actually here. I’ve been doing a lot of eyerolling at the amount of stuff I hauled out here for 2 days (nearly as much as I took to Savannah for twice that). But whatever. I made a batch of tuscan potato soup and focacia last night, and we had a party on the deck around the fire pit. Someday we are going to have a deck. And a fire pit. It will be awesome.
- I got the green light for the next YA project I’m going to write. The first of a trilogy. I’ve swapped over my desktop wallpaper, started a new word counter in the sidebar, been up to my eyeballs in my encyclopedia of Celtic mythology (and yeah, I’m totally geeking out at reading the whole thing). And I’ve been working on playlist via Spotify. I freaking LOVE THIS THING. It’s got a wee bit of a learning curve (IMO), but once someone explained it to me, I’ve made playlists all over the place for a zillion different movie scores from favorite composers. And what’s REALLY awesome is that I can make playlists for whatever book I’m working on and share them with readers! I am REALLY excited. The blueprint is already done, so I’m hoping to dive in this week.
- In the meantime, I’m still working on the blueprint for DOOM. That one needs some worldbuilding and fleshing out of the antagonist before I can really pull it together. I’m still hoping to get that sorted out by the end of Round 4.
- We picked up our Christmas tree yesterday. I got the lights, beads, and ribbon on before we headed out here. We’ll get the rest of the ornaments hung…well, whenever we get home, I guess. Last year I had a live wreath that I got through some school fundraiser. They didn’t do it this year, so I’ve got to do some work to update our old wreath with new ribbon and stuff. It’s kinda pitiful looking at the moment. Next weekend we’ll get the rest of the stuff down and decorate the outside of the house with garland and lights and such.
- Off to do some Christmas shopping! I seem to get later and later every year…
Ooh, shiny new projects! I can’t wait to see what you’re doing.
We went to get a tree yesterday. They wanted $80 for the one we wanted. We know another place that has them for $30, so hubby will pick that up in a couple of days.
I get later on my shopping, too. I think it has a lot to do with how busy we are, don’t you? Think about all the stuff you have to do. It’s hard to fit shopping in there, too.
I am needing some scared straight strategies but I am afraid to step on the scale! Kudos to you for doing EXACTLY that! Inspiration, anyone?
I love that geeking out occasionally is a necessity for writers. Bring on the Geek, I say!
Thanks, as always, for the work you do for ROW80. I appreciate it!
Great week Kait! well down for counteracting the weight gain so quickly! Geeking for research is such fun, currently doing a lot of that myself for my various projects! 🙂 Good luck for the coming week 🙂
Good luck with the Christmas shopping, I usually stay home away from the crowds. Your new projects sound great, good luck with them too.
Yay on the new writing project and decorating for the holidays! And thanks for the fyi on Spotify…I’ve been trying to find a good playlist site!! 🙂
Don’t worry about it. I am sure your scale is just out to get you! By the way,
I nominated you for the Versatlie Blogger award. Congratulations!
Oooh, new projects! How exciting!
I’m behind Christmas decorating and shopping. I hope to catch up with it by next weekend (though I doubt it lol)
Have a nice week!
Sounds like you are staying super busy. Congrats on the new trilogy. That’s always exciting. Keep up the good work!