I seem to be developing a habit of getting up on Saturday to get in my words before hubby wakes up and then never remembering to post…ah well.
- This week has been kind of a draw on the jogging. I got up and did it Tuesday morning, barely getting more than 1.25 miles and feeling like I was going to DIIIIIIIIIIIE. Ice picks between ribs must be a horrible way to go because it sure sucks trying to run through it. Thursday was supposed to be my next jogging day, but my alarm didn’t go off and I barely made it to work on time. But I did get up this morning and do 2.25 miles, 1.5 of which was jogged and I didn’t die, so that was my enormous YAY. I also realized that the new shoes I bought are walking shoes. This is not actually a shock as when I bought them I hadn’t lost my mind and decided to start running. But since it appears I’m going to continue, I ordered a pair of proper running shoes as well, to be kitted out with the Superfeet insoles I ordered. Those are working out, I think. Just need a bit of breaking in.
- I haven’t been eating as well as I ought. Well, I’ve been eating fine, just eating too much. Had 3 meals out this week, which is over budget, and then last night made a bacon cheeseburger soudough pizza (it’ll hit Pots and Plots eventually), which was AWESOME but put me a whopping 700 calories over the upper end of my budget. Oops. So if I break even on the scales this week, I’ll be happy. I did get in my full 3 days of weight lifting, so that was good.
- I ordered a new exercise bike. Our old one we inherited started making a knocking noise about 2 months ago and has not gotten so loud that I can’t use it while hubby is sleeping. Which means, essentially, I haven’t been using it. As it’s been, up to now, a lynchpin in my workout routine, that just isn’t gonna fly. Decided on a recumbent bike this go round for a few reasons. I am really picky about bike seats and I didn’t want to order an upright without getting to sit on it and see if my butt could tolerate the shape. Hubs and I have both had issues with our fannies going to sleep on the current one, so the recumbent seemed like a good option to fix that. Recumbent is supposed to be better workout for your butt. And whenever we get around to having kids, I’ll be able to use a recumbent one a lot sooner afterward (yeah, see, planning everything again). So, yeah, that’s supposed to get here on Tuesday.
- The writing has been going really well this week. Monday: 705, Tuesday: 778, Wednesday: 1458, Thursday: 1365, Friday: 659, Saturday: 890. I’ve been trying out a new method, not exactly on purpose. See I had this scene from Act 2 (which I haven’t gotten to yet chronologically) come into my head, SO FREAKING CLEAR that I just had to write it. I seldom ever do this because as a rule, I’m a very linear writer, and I like to see how things unfold in order. But I did it, and it came out well, I think. And then I proceeded to jump all over my manuscript because I had very clear bits of other scenes and I decided that instead of just making notes about them (which is what I usually do), I’d just write whatever was in my head. So I did that, and now I’ve got bits of a lot of later scenes and my word count is climbing. I think I’ll stick to this for a while, see if it continues to work. The linear thing is, for me, a holdover from my pantser days where I had to go in order or I’ve wind up all kinds of off track. Since I’ve become the Princess of Planning (my agent’s nickname for me), I know exactly (for the most part) where the story is going, so getting out of order in the writing of it really doesn’t cause any problems (that I can see).
- I also got some significant work done on the plotting out of the first in a YA novella trilogy, I have in mind. I know, like I don’t have enough on my plate. What can I say? Anyway, I knocked out the scene list for the first of the three, so my brain is busy working on the details of the plot in the background. I’m nowhere near ready to actually start WRITING this story, but I’m happy to be sorting out the specifics. I think it’ll be a lot of fun when I do get to it.
- The plan for today, as my poor hubby has to work until 7, is to knock out the next scene in DOTH and do some plotting on Longest Night. There are some details in the latter that I haven’t figured out that have kept me from adding to the word count on that one, so since I have a long stretch of quiet time with nothing but cooking and laundry to interrupt me, I’m hoping to figure out those details so I can get rolling on it again. At the risk of shooting myself in the foot, I’d really love to get a scene a week going on that one. Slow and steady progress since it’s a secondary project.
Fab progress Kait! Princess of Planning…love it 🙂 Hope you have a great week.
I am very impressed with the jogging Kait! That’s pretty awesome.
Okay you ate the pizza. But I won’t tell anybody if you don’t. lol
Have a great new week Kait and enjoy the rest of your weekend! 🙂
It’s good seeing you putting your achievements out here. It’ll spur you to achieve more. 🙂
Good job, Kait! Sounds like you have things under control. 🙂 Good job on the lifting…
It sounds like you’re not too happy with the health side of things but your writing looks great. I like hearing about how you work out your plans, the details of writing a specific scene. It’s very helpful.
Great job, Kait. Gotta stay within that budget though *nudge*
Love when the writing flows and kudos for recognizing it and going with it.
Have a great week 🙂
You’re doing great on the exercise AND the writing. When those exercise machines start making horrible noises, it’s definitely time to look at something else. I remember, before I got my treadmill, I used to go to my mom’s to walk. Her treadmill started getting so loud, I couldn’t even hear the TV that was right there in front of me. I’m glad you got a bike with a good seat. My regular bicycle has what’s called a “comfort seat”, but I’m still thinking about getting one of those gel seats to put on it. I’ve found that if an exercise is too uncomfortable, I just don’t want to keep doing it.
Good luck this week keeping up that high productivity. You’ve had some great days!
Great job this week, Kait. Just promise me you won’t get those shoes that have the individual toes. You don’t need to get that hard core.
I’m in awe of you guys that work on multiple things at once! Maybe my brain is too mushy from children perhaps. I’m lucky if I can get one story down at a time, (and have trouble keeping it straight).
I’m not averse to those but I would never buy them without being able to try them on, which I can’t do in my small town, so…nope.