- Perhaps the biggest news of the week is that I kicked word count butt! 9409 words. BOOYAH! And I did it splitting between DOTH and finally starting Riven. I don’t know how long I might be able to keep up working on two projects, but so far it’s going okay. It’s something I’ve always WANTED to be able to do. We’ll see.
- Gee, everything else kind of pales in comparison.
- I am currently writing this up in the middle of making chicken caccitore for the first time. It’s one of those classic dishes that most everyone has heard of and, unless you have a lot of Italians in your circle, you may not actually know what it is (chicken braised in a tomato sauce). I’ve never actually had it, so I decided it was high time I tried.
- The weather is finally cooling off a bit, getting toward cool nights. In my world, this means one very important thing is fast approaching: MARSHMALLOW ROASTING SEASON. I am a connoisseur of roasting the perfect marshmallow. None of this torching them and eating off the char. I’m talking perfect, roasty toasty golden brown with a melty, delicious center.
- Hubs and I are watching Men In Black 3 this weekend. I had him pause it so I could get supper going, but so far I’m already loving this more than MIB2. I really dig Emma Thompson in this role and I have missed Will Smith. And OMG Josh Brolin is amazing as a young K.
That’s an awesome word count! Go you!
Oh, those golden brown marshmallows. I’m like you, I don’t like to set them on fire and make them black. There’s an art to it. 🙂
I loved MIB3. Josh Brolin NAILED the role of a young K. It’s one of those things you have to see to believe. LOL
Hooray for that word count! And I can’t believe I still haven’t seen MIB3. It’s definitely on my list!