Today begins Round 4! This is my 12th round. How crazy is that? I’ve done a lot of stuff in the last 3 years. So, what am I going to work on for the rest of this one?
- Write 20 out of 30 days. I’ve generally been doing more than this each month, but it’s a very comfortable and workable goal for me. And oldie but goodie, so I’m keeping it.
- Finish Be Careful, It’s My Heart. I lack about a third of this novella, so I hope to knock it out in plenty of time to release it for the holiday season since it’s my love song to White Christmas.
- Finish the first piece of my Super Seekrit Project and release it. I’ll be doing a contest as that gets closer to happening to have everybody try and guess what it will be. It’s totally unlike anything I’ve ever done.
- Finish plotting out and begin the next Mirus project. This is well underway, and I’ve got the broad strokes of it worked out, but I need to plot the specifics of what’s next.
- Keep working on daily meditation. I did really lousy with this last round. I don’t know WHY I’m so resistant to just sitting my ass down and STOPPING for TEN MINUTES. This is not a lot of time in a day. And I know it usually helps when I do it. I think I’m just really not good at slowing down and stopping. Like I’m afraid I’ll lose all momentum and not get going again.
They’re all pretty simple goals. Nothing crazy. Lots of finishing of things, which will require buckling down on my part. But that’s fine. I’m good at buckling down. See y’all at the end of the race!
Your goals may not be crazy, but they’re MANY. I’m lucky to work on ONE project, although I’m tempted to start my next WIP before finishing my current one simply because the next one is more like my other books. I’ve just never worked on multiple projects before unless one was a short story, which I can usually churn out in a couple of sittings. I admire you and others who can multi-task when it comes to writing.
I can’t wait to see what your secret project is. It’s fun to speculate, though. We will probably all be wrong when we guess.
I like these goals. For me, working on one thing at a time is crazy-making. My brain likes to dart from here to there to somewhere else….
Secret projects intrigue me, even without prizes…I’m patient, but eager to see what it’s all about!
I hope things are off to a good start, and that you find the calm of your meditation.
Good luck with your goals! I like your #5 a lot. I fell out of meditating earlier this year. For now I’m working on building my yoga practice. Once that becomes a regular habit again, I think I’ll add meditation back in. It is good for the mind.