- I forgot to post yesterday because we were cleaning All The Things. I conclude we have an infestation of gremlins or evil elves that are waiting until we go to sleep and setting bombs off in the house. Because I clean and then I wake up and the house is a disaster again. Yesterday was a super clean because we had folks over for a White Christmas viewing party. I love that movie so much. I never feel in a proper holiday mood until I’ve seen it.
- Last week I finished the first draft of the short project I’ve been working on. It’s out to crit partners for review.
- Over the weekend I started plotting out my next novel project. I had a huge breakthrough in the plot one night last week (which led to a lot of staring at the ceiling when I should’ve been sleeping), so I’m working on implementing that and getting my ducks in a row. I love it when you get to that point where you figure out that ONE NECESSARY MISSING DETAIL in a plot and the rest starts to fall into place like one of those cool domino effect things. (PSA: Don’t watch that GIF too long….you’ll get dizzy)
- I’ve been continuing my run of cheesetastic Christmas movies the last week. I think my new favorite of that lot is A Very Merry Mixup with Alicia Witt. The basic concept is that the shero is supposed to go home with her fiance to meet her prospective in laws. He gets held up with work and is supposed to be on the next flight. Once she lands on the other side, shenanigans ensue, her phone is destroyed (along with the address for her fiance’s parents’ house), but she meets this guy who has the same last name and it turns out (she thinks) that it’s fiance’s brother. She goes home with him, meets the folks, who are awesome. And then dude’s brother shows up–NOT her fiance, and the mix up comes out. Of course real fiance’s family is not cool, and she’s with the wrong dude, and we can all guess how it works out in the end. It’s exactly the right level of cheese for me.
- Things are winding down at the Evil Day Job for the holiday. I’m done with classes for this semester, and all my spring semester stuff is set up and ready to go. That’s a load off.
- I’m about to start writing my ebook formatting class. Question for the masses: How much would you be willing to pay for a multi-session course on ebook formatting?
- Guess that’s all my news for now. How are all of you?
TAKE ALL MY MONEY! *chucks wallet at your head*
Really, though, as I don’t have anything to comparable to compare such a thing to, I’ll defer to more experienced customers. I certainly don’t want to pay you less than the work is worth, but I don’t want to shatter my poor piggy bank, either. I trust you to come up with the right price. 🙂
I LOVE A Very Merry Mixup! It’s one of my new favorites. I did NOT see that coming…I thought she was at the right house, the brother would come home, and things would get crazy from there.
I have no idea what to charge for a formatting class. No clue.