HOPPY EASTER everybody!
- Well, I hit bottom about the dairy allergy this week. After the great pizza disappointment last Monday, I just crashed. It kind of threw me off the rest of the week. But I finally found some Daiya at the Kroger about an hour away, so I went up to see my mom on Friday and picked up the cheddar shreds, mozzarella shreds, cheddar wedges and the jalapeno garlic havarti wedges. Friday night I made tacos to test out the cheddar shreds. Dear God, they actually tasted like cheese! They melted! MY TACOS TASTED LIKE TACOS. So life does not suck as much as it did.
- I got almost nothing written on TGMTY, so I decided to switch gears and plotted out a new Meet Cute. I dove into Once Upon A Carousel yesterday. I’d hoped to get further with it than I did, but I spent Friday with my mom, and then a large chunk of yesterday and today was spent Cooking All The Things. I made a pan of brownies, a batch of gluten free hamburger buns, lemon yogurt (not really) cake, roasted two butternut squashes for puree, fruit compote to go with the cake, a batch of real bread, and a double recipe of my grilled potato salad.
- I also cleaned out the fridge and did a deep clean of the rest of the kitchen–a move everything off the counters kind of clean. I have this huge love hate relationship with my counters. They hide grime! And they hide grime. Hubby got in on the cleaning today too, so the house feels a lot more dug out than it has been. We even got the laundry put away. So it was a catch up kind of week on other fronts.
- I’m going to do week 8 of C25k again. I only got through 1 day of it successfully last week. The second day just wasn’t happening with epic sinus headache. And since I was off on Friday, my routine got messed up.
- Hopefully, moving forward I’ll be a bit more on an even keel.
Life’s good with tacos. 🙂 Sorry you’ve felt out of sorts but hopefully this week will be better for you. Good luck!
I’m so glad you found Daiya! Honestly, I’ve been feeling really bad for you almost to the point of tears. I can’t imagine life without cheese. It’s great that Daiya actually tastes like cheese!