- It was a pretty good writing week up until Friday. Over 6k for the week. I spent the last two days mucking about with one scene and finally called it last night. It wasn’t actually advancing the plot, so at bed last night, I killed the little darling and made notes on what needs to take its place. Still need to work out the specifics of that, but recognizing and making the cut makes me feel like a more grown up writer.
- We went to see How To Train Your Dragon 2 Friday night. It was AWESOME. May be one of the best sequels I’ve seen. Also there can never been enough Toothless.
- That was pretty much the end of the awesome because when I got out, I found out my grandmother had passed away. She was 98. It wasn’t unexpected. She had a massive stroke last weekend. Before that she’d been hanging out stable and doing pretty well after a previous stroke more than a year and a half ago. She went peacefully, and that was a blessing. Services are tomorrow. She led a full and amazing life. Former Miss Mississippi. Traveled all over the world with my granddaddy. One of my all time favorite pictures of her is on a camel in Egypt.
- So we’re doing house stuff and yard stuff today, trying to get ready to leave town. And we’re doing Father’s Day for my FIL (as my dad is traveling himself). Going to see Edge of Tomorrow this afternoon.
- If you are a fan of Nora Roberts’ Cousins O’Dwyer trilogy, the third book Blook Magick, is up for pre-order on Amazon for only $2.99 (instead of the usual $7.99). I have no idea how long this will be going on, but I certainly grabbed it. It doesn’t actually release until end of October (just in time for Halloween).
- We finished watching The Mummy Returns last night. We’d actually started it last weekend as a double feature with The Mummy, but ended up falling asleep before getting through it (because we’d been up most of the night before with storms and freaked out dogs). Does anybody else wish they’d done the the last Indiana Jones earlier so that Brendan Fraser could’ve been Indy’s son? Because every time I see him in this role, I think he’d have been great at that. And Shia Le Bouef. Just no. And these rumors I’m hearing about Robert Pattinson. NO.
Sorry to hear about your grandmother. She lived to a ripe old age, and I’ll bet she died too young.
6000 words is excellent, and even if you had to punt on one of the scenes, you have a good idea where to take it. That’s great!
so sorry to hear about your grandmother – that is a splendid age and with a life packed full of adventure by the sounds of it – grandparents are such special people. Take care
So sorry about your grandma, Kait. She sounds like a wonderful person who should be in a book. Take care of yourself.
It sounds like your grandmother was amazing. I know she’ll be missed.
I loved both Mummy movies. And I can see your point about Brendan Fraser being Indy’s son. Noooo, no Robert Pattinson!