Another week down, so time for another #ROW80 progress report.
- Hubby and I finally got to see Pitch Perfect 2 this afternoon. They did a great job, I thought, giving nods to the original, while still keeping it fresh. Benji gets a sweet little romance. And this version’s Riff Off was pretty damn fabulous. Three words: Green Bay Packers.
- It was a pretty successful writing week. 6857 words. I’m at the tail end of the SPP and about to dive into the final 6 scenes of the book. I’d hoped to knock out that scene this morning, but I slept WAY in (10!) and then lost what remained of the morning messing with trying to install a mailchimp pop up form on the blog. Never did manage the pop up, but I do, at least, have one embedded on my home page and a subscribe option also added to the comments section of each post.
- The plan is to knock out a couple of scenes tomorrow, since I’m off for Memorial Day. So far, I’m on schedule to finish this by the end of the month, as planned. Then, while it’s off with my editor, I’ll be diving hard core into the plotting of a novella for an anthology I’m organizing.
- There was a water leak at my office on Friday. Since you can’t have a building that houses more than 50 women without a functioning bathroom, we got to leave a bit early. Given I had the time and the weather was lovely, I finally tackled the infamous weeds. I’m not quite done yet…still have the second half of the back yard to go, but it’s SUCH a massive improvement. After a thorough shower with Ivarest, a coating of hydrocortisone cream, and some Benedryl, I’m not much worse for the wear, and I seem to have escaped being afflicted with poison anything. If it doesn’t rain, maybe I’ll get to the last of it tomorrow. Meanwhile, I did a little rearranging and put together the bucket table in front of the glider. It’s a start. Of course it was all kinds of hot yesterday and today.
- In case you missed it, this week’s recipe was Gluten Free Pretzel Crusted Chicken Breasts. They were super NOM.
- Here we are, almost to the end of May, and I feel like I’m still struggling to get back to my fitness routine. I’ve been sick several times, busy as all get out, traveling a lot for work, and just generally in need of a lot of sleep. I’ve been consistent with my taekwondo classes (belt test coming up June 6th), and I’ve managed weights twice a week, but everything else has been spotty. I’ve tried just hitting it hard and forcing myself, and I’ve tried easing back in with little things. Nothing seems to work. I’m not beating myself up about it, but I’m frustrated that 6 months past Christmas, and I’m not back to where I was. I’m not sure if my near decade of burning the candle at both ends is catching up with me or if somehow, being 35 is significantly different than 34 and all the years that came before and it’s really sinking in that I’m totally not in my 20s anymore. But every day is a new day and a new opportunity to make good choices.
- And if you’re looking for some delightful holiday weekend reads, there are all kinds of fabulous things out, like:
And my own To Get Me To You is on sale for $2.99 this holiday weekend!