One of our good friends has his 30th birthday coming up (well actually, it was yesterday, but the party is tomorrow), and his wife has requested my 7 layer dip. I took this to the New Year’s party, where it disappeared in about fifteen minutes. I can’t claim it as my original recipe. My boss’s partner Cindy passed this recipe on to me after I begged for it following one of their parties (where it also disappeared with great rapidity).
- 1 pt sour cream (I use light)
- 1/2 pack taco seasoning
- 1 can black beans
- black olives
- green onions
- shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 haas avocados
- your favorite salsa
- lemon juice
- Puree the black beans (drained) with cilantro and cumin to taste (1/2 tsp each?). Layer on bottom of dish.
- For fresh guacamole pit and dice three avocados, add 1/3 to 1/2 cup of your favorite salsa, a splash of lemon juice, a pinch of salt and cilantro. Mash well. Layer over bean puree.
- Mix 1/2 pack of taco seasoning with the pint of sour cream. Layer over guacamole.
- Layer shredded lettuce, then green onions, then 1 small can of drained, sliced black olives, and top off with a healthy layer of shredded cheddar (I find medium works best).
Serve with tortilla chips.
This recipe on Key Ingredient.
We would like to feature your dip on our blog. Please email email@example.com if interested. Thanks 🙂
You can view our blog here: