We got in late last night, so I needed something fast and easy for dinner, preferably something that didn’t heat up the kitchen. Kebabs fit the bill. This is a favorite of my husband’s, particularly when I don’t load it up with other stuff like onions, peppers, and zucchini (which is how I prefer my own kebabs). I served these with leftover lima beans, and a side of cooked onion for myself. It was a fast, fabulous weeknight meal in about fifteen minutes. This one would work with Sonoma, South Beach, or Atkins even (though watch your sides).
- cremini mushrooms
- your choice of steak–I just used beef stew meat
- Emeril’s Essence seasoning
- Liberally season the beef with Emeril’s Essence.
- Thread kebab skewers (preferably without stabbing yourself like I did) carefully, alternating with beef and mushrooms until full.
- Grill over medium heat (about 350) for 5 minutes a side.