We went to a party this weekend and as I didn’t have what was required for my usual 7 layer dip, I had to come up with something else. What I arrived at was an adaptation of this recipe from Tasty Kitchen. The end results were delicious, lighter than my usual dip, and disappeared just as fast.
- 4 cups black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 1 packet Sazon (I’m sure you’re seeing a theme here–I adore this stuff)
- 1/2 cup shredded fiesta blend cheese, 2%
- 1 can rotel
- 1 cup shredded fiesta blend cheese, 2%
- In a large bowl, combine the half cup cheese, sazon, sour cream, black beans, and rotel.
- Mix until well combined.
- Pour into a greased baking dish (I think mine was like 7×11)
- Top with remaining cup of cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
- Serve with homemade tortilla chips.