We liked the turkey mexi-burgers so much, I decided to try adapting it to a meatloaf. I was going to do this in the crock pot but ran out of time and popped it in the conventional oven instead. Hubby declared this one a winner, and at 268 calories and 12.68 grams of fat a slice (there are 5) before adding the guac or salsa, it’s a nice, healthy alternative to the greasy traditional meatloaf.
- 1 pound 93% lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 1/4 cup egg whites
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1/3 cup oats
- 1 packet Sazon
- 3 oz. pepper jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice the cheese nice and thin. Set aside.
- Mix the first six ingredients in a medium sized bowl. Go ahead and get your hands dirty. It’s going to be REALLY wet and gloopy (fair warning).
- Spray a small loaf pan (I think mine was like 4×8) with cooking spray.
- Spread half the meat mixture on the bottom.
- Layer the cheese across the top so that it’ll make a good layer of ooey gooey goodness.
- Top with remaining meat mixture.
- Set loaf pan on another cookie sheet (to catch any drips) and bake for 45 minutes.
- Slice and top with your choice of guacamole, salsa, and/or sour cream.