I’ve been on a kick of trying new foods. I’ll pick up a new food and figure out what to do with it. This week’s new food was Anaheim chilis, which I learned were a mild chili and usually what those canned, chopped green chilis on the Mexican aisle consist of. I’ve been craving chili, though not the big heavy tomato based variety we love in winter. So I threw together this 2 serving batch in the crock pot. It comes in at 479 calories and 5.4 grams of fat per serving (without cheese or sour cream). So here’s my second offering for Souper Sundays at Kahakai Kitchen this week.
- 2 chicken breasts cut into 1 inch chunks
- 2 cups navy beans or white beans
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 onion, minced (or 1/4 cup dried minced onion)
- 1 anaheim chili, finely diced
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp Mexican oregano
- Combine all ingredients into crock pot and cook on high for 4 hours.
- Serve with shredded cheese and sour cream.