- Insomnia is not an affliction from which I suffer often. That’s more my husband’s territory. He goes in cycles. It hits me maybe once year. I just broke such a 5 day streak, sleeping (without any sleep aid) for 11 hours last night. Finally. Thank God. Hard to get well from an illness when you’re staring at the ceiling. It’s taken every last day of those antibiotics to knock out this stupid sinus infection. But when I woke up this morning it was to the smell of breakfast downstairs–so I can BREATHE! Huzzah!
- I’m at Mom’s. Her dog is trying REALLY hard to convince me that I want to share my kolaches. Nice try, Teddy, but these are my favorite.
- She’s hosting Christmas this year, for the first time in a decade, (my husband’s family have generously taken us in at the holidays since we first started dating, when my parents were in the middle of a horrific divorce), and we’re pulling out ALL the stops. We got up the 10 foot tree yesterday. I love decorating this house for the holidays. It’s got 10′ ceilings, a fireplace and mantle, a stairway with railing for garland…it just really lends itself to being decked out. I guess hubs and I will do ours next weekend.
- There are three days left in November. There is no way on God’s green earth that I will finish Devil’s Eye in that time. I haven’t gotten anything written since Wednesday. :shrug: I’ll keep plugging away at it this week as I can. I’ve got a final to write and lots of class stuff to deal with as we’re nearing the end of the semester, so that has to take priority.
- Sign ups are picking up over at A Round of Words in 80 Days. We’re up to 20 folks. I expect that’s going to swell quite a bit as the NaNo crowd surfaces. I’m still looking for 5 more volunteer author sponsors (indie or traditional). Remember, all you have to do is participate in ROW80, write one inspirational/challenge post, and check on your team once a week to drop an encouraging comment.
- In case you didn’t know, I’m running a sale on Forsaken By Shadow until Christmas. 99 cents. I doubt the price will trickle down to any of the other distributors, but at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and Smashwords 99 cents rules the day. So if you’ve been meaning to try it, now’s the time!!!
- Usually on holidays sales sort of go down because people are doing other stuff, but right now my sales are on a lovely upswing for the first time since summer. I’m on track to meet or exceed my 2nd highest sales month (July), so that’s exciting. It would be awesome if I could meet or exceed June’s amazing sales (my highest month) for December. I’d love to go out of 2010 with a bang. If I can get DE out, it could happen…
Maybe you could post about ROW80 on Kindleboards – lots of Nanowrimers, Nano-haters and authors (indie & trad) in the writer’s cafe. 🙂
I went through the insomnia thing for awhile and I have no idea why. I was to the point where I was about to try a glass of wine before bed to see if that helped. I’m glad you’re feeling better.
One of my best friends has a house like your Mom’s with the stair railing just begging for garland, and the fireplace and mantle. My living room slants up to a 16 foot ceiling, but we can’t afford a huge tree. LOL
I’m glad so many have signed up for ROW80. Maybe we’ll get more before it kicks off.
My sales have tanked in the traditional holiday manner. I’m really glad yours are still doing well. My best month was June, followed by July. They have dropped steadily since then, but November has been the worst. I hope releasing a new novella right before Christmas will boost sales. I hope this Christmas will be a great one for all indie authors!