As you all know I was sick last week. It ended up not being such a bad time to be so, as I’d already batch cooked a bunch of chicken to make the stock for Thanksgiving dinner. That made this crock pot soup a breeze to throw together, even though I felt lousy.
- 2 cups pre-cooked chicken
- 1 box chicken stock
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons Herbs de Provence
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 cup arborio rice
- Add everything but the rice and cook on low for 3-4 hours.
- Turn the crock pot up to high and add the rice.
- Cook for another hour.
- Serve with crusty bread.
Wow that chicken rice soup looks really yummy and comforting! It sounds so perfect for this season 🙂
This soup looks and I’m sure smells divine…Perfect for what ails you!