- Before I forget, I was interviewed by the fabulous Misha at My Love Affair With Books.
- I go back to work tomorrow. I cannot tell you how unexcited I am about that. My boss sent me a text a couple days before Christmas. “Merry Christmas. Be sure to be on-time Monday when we get back. We have lots of work to do.”Um, yeah, Merry effing Christmas to you too, boss.
- I’m really pretty tired. The last week has been nothing but non-stop visiting, first with a plethora of friends who were home for a very brief holiday window, then 5 or 6 days with family that came to down after Christmas. I am visited out and really feel like I didn’t get much vacation this past week. Between visiting was frantic lecture writing for the class that begins on the 5th. I’m finished writing 8 of 12 lectures, and I’m done recording, editing, and rendering 4 of those. That gives me enough lead time that if I work steadily each week, I ought to be caught up and done with lectures by Spring Break. Exciting holiday plans, right?
- So hubby and I spent yesterday home, after family left, being caffeine swilling couch jockeys, watching first the MSU bowl game (the Bulldogs trounced Michigan), then a string of movies (Tron–the original, and You Again–absofreakinglutely hilarious).
- I had FOUR cups of tea yesterday. He had FIVE (of tea and coffee). It was our first day back on the wagon of eating right and within our appropriate calorie range. I was back on the counting train. And very pleased to note that this morning I’m down 3.2 pounds from loss of water weight. That just makes me feel a lot better and like I’ll be back to normal by the end of January.
- It feels like lots of things will be back to normal by end of January. By then the frantic mad-dash rush I expect from my boss should be petered out. I’ll be firmly back into routines on all fronts.
- The inaugural Round of Words in 80 Days begins TOMORROW. I’m quite excited and ready to dive into things. During the game yesterday, I created ALL the check in linkies, scheduled all the check in posts, and laid in all the inspiration posts I’ve received from my sponsors so far, including writing my own. So that’s one less thing I have to keep up with. As of this writing, 55 people have posted their goals for the challenge, and I’m seeing quite a bit of buzz on Twitter.
- Today the plan is to update all my syllabii and course calendars, lay in quizzes and set release dates, go see the new Tron, and hopefully knock out the scene I am in the middle of with Red. So it’s a busy day that I need to get going on. I’d like to get my workout finished and grab a shower here in the next little bit.
- In other news, in the first 9 days of release, Devil’s Eye sold as many copies as I did of Forsaken By Shadow in the first 3 months. I am quite pleased with that. Particularly considering I’ve done exactly zero promo on it.
Congrats on the great sale numbers! 😀 I can’t wait for ROW80 to start. And I totally know what you mean about being visited out. It will be nice to get back into a normal routine (minus the work part). 😉
Good luck with ROW80, Kait! And to everyone else participating too.
I can so relate to the boss thing. I hope yours was maybe joking a little? I know my boss wouldn’t be kidding. 🙁 However, my long weekend break didn’t last until tomorrow I had to go in to work today. Was there for almost 8 hours today. Maybe I can take that day off another day. Geez! The joys of working in the accounting department at year end. Yikes!
Congrats on your book sales! That’s great!