I love salmon. It’s not hubby’s favorite fish, but I think it may be mine. It’s chock full of Omega-3 fatty acids, which are great for you, and is such a variable fish. This go round, I decided to rub it with ancho chili powder and pan sear it. The end result was a fabulous compliment to the natural flavor of the fish. And requiring only 1 tablespoon of olive oil to do the pan searing, it’s quite healthy.
- 1 salmon fillet per person
- ancho chili powder
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Heat oil over medium high heat in large skillet.
- Pat fish dry with paper towels.
- Rub ancho chili powder generously into both sides of fish.
- Lay in skillet and cook 3-4 minutes per side.
- Done when fish flakes easily with a fork.
Oh that looks so amazing. I’m terrible at cooking salmon. At my work we have a pecan and hazelnut crusted salmon and it’s pretty much the best thing I’ve ever had in my life.
I love pan seared fish. Especially when it’s spiced up really well. Unfortunately, I prefer milder fish than salmon, although I know the salmon is better for me. 🙁
I love the simplicity of this recipe! Your salmon looks so delicious, yum!! 🙂