- Well had a bit of a rough start to the morning. Sometime between when I fed the dogs breakfast at 6:30 and when I actually got up at 9, poor Daisy had an upset tummy. I had some vague notion that she was making noise, but I was so wiped I didn’t actually manage to wake up. So I got to start my day testing out my new steam cleaner (it bears mentioning that I loathe carpet).
- It’s all quiet now that company has left. Hubs was off camping with a pal this weekend, so I’ve had a girls weekend with a friend who’s in town. There was much awesome food (I totally just had empanadas for breakfast), GOBS of talking, and movie watching (Hotel Transylvania–funny, and August Rush–a favorite of mine). She heads home to Michigan this week, and I’m gonna miss her like crazy.
- Hubs gets home sometime this afternoon, and I’ve got a full day planned before. I need to do a bit more cleaning around the house, do a load of laundry, write, walk the pups, and get started on the conversion of the plastic cap guns I bought at Walmart into a steampunk set of revolvers for my steampunk cowgirl costume for Halloween. There’s probably something else I’m supposed to do, but I need more tea to figure it out. There’s a distinct possibility that a nap will be involved. We stayed up late talking 😀
- On the writing front, I logged 3020 words this week. Considerably less than I’d like, but I was largely sans my sprint buddies this week and just kind of fumbled my way through the scenes I was working on. I did actually write something every day this week except Saturday, so that’s something. I’m hoping to get back in the groove today and knock something out.
- On the Operation G.I.T. front, this was the first week in a month where I actually got in 3 runs. We’ve had a fair amount of rain that’s mucked up the schedule. I guess I need to start shifting my workout schedule around on rainy running days and just go ahead and do my weights and biking, then run two days in a row if it comes to that. On the food front, I successfully managed to do vegetarian until dinner all week (until this morning when I wiped out the chicken empanadas). I wasn’t actually counting calories this week and I haven’t weighed, so I don’t know how successful this tactic will be, but I feel pretty good about it, so I’m going to get back to that tomorrow. I’m making up some black bean and sweet potato burritos for my friends and I to try for lunch this week. I’ve already done so much cooking this last week, I think I’ll just be going with fruit cups and apples for my snacks this week. And then I’ll get up the nerve to weigh next week and see where I am.
I also loathe carpet. We only have it in the bedrooms, and we wouldn’t have it there if I hadn’t been vetoed on hardwood in the bedrooms by three guys when we build the house.
I’m glad you were able to have a nice visit with your friends. Sometimes you just need girl time.
3020 words isn’t a bad word count. It’s much more than I’ve done, but I just started yesterday. LOL.
Good luck on the health front. That’s the hardest thing for me. I’ve done well with workouts, but not with food. I may try to eat a few more vegetarian meals. It’s amazing how you don’t have that “heavy” feeling as much when you don’t eat meat.
It’s funny how much I have come to rely on my sprint buddies/critique partners, too. I feel like I accomplish so much more when I’m working in tandem with them (or if they’re pushing me and ignoring my attempts at resistance). Good luck on your goals this week! 🙂
I have an old cat (15 yrs) who vomits from time to time, and it’s such a pain cleaning up after him. He can’t help it, though, so what do you do? I also own a steam cleaner, but I was advised by carpet sellers to NOT use the detergent, just water. FYI.
3k’s still pretty darn good, especially with your friend in town. Sounds like a great visit. And I think you vegetarians have been inspiring me. I had two veggie sandwiches this week at delis and they were both delicious. I’m not going back to ham or turkey at those places. It’s all veggie or nothing for me.
Have a great week! Love the steampunk costume idea.
Our German Shepherd was sick last night and the hubs stayed up/slept next to him in the lounge all night. We took him to the vet but he’s fine today – think it was a rather rich bone we bought him yesterday. Thankfully we only allowed him a quarter of it, then took it away – it could have been a lot worse! Seems better now though – 🙂
Great word count considering how busy you’ve been. Good going. We’ve just had house guests for ten days too – I’ve got so much to catch up on before more house guests storm the home in 2.5 weeks! *sigh*.
Best of luck for next week. X
I would love to have a house with nothing but hardwood floors and area rugs. So much nicer and more practical!
Girls nights can be just what we need!
You did an awesome amount of writing!
Here’s MY ROW 80 CHECK-IN POST