- I am being a total sloth today. It’s awesome. I actually woke up early, then decided I wanted a nap, so spent a couple hours playing zen with the sofa.
- Made tattie scones for breakfast with a couple slices of bacon. That was tasty and different from the norm. I blame Jessica Corra. She made them on Friday and I’ve been thinking bout them ever since.
- We were gonna do brunch this morning, but it was storming and neither of us felt like getting out of our jammies. So we’ll hit that up next weekend.
- We went to see Oblivion yesterday. It wasn’t what we were expecting (which would’ve been fine). It was better. It’s one of the best midpoint twists I’ve seen in a while. Hubby was right when he guessed what it wasn’t, but neither of us guessed what it WAS. The ending wasn’t what I expected either and left me mostly satisfied but in a way that made me go “Huh.” It was a thinking movie.
- I knocked out a little over 1200 words yesterday and finished up one of the new scenes I needed to add to make my little darling plot thread fit. I’ve got one more to write in Act 3, then can move on through Act 4. I’m at about 8k for the month with 3 days left to go. Lower than I’d like but a fair amount of changes that got made and thinking that got done. Off to continue my slug fest.
BTW, I picked up RED and devoured it in one day. Well done. I’ve been negligent with reviews but promise to get caught up at some point.
There are times when sloth is not a deadly sin, but a necessity. Well, actually, it’s respite, not sloth, in those cases. Considering the number of plates you’ve got spinning at any one time, I’d say you’ve been busy enough to deserve some respite.
I’ve been intrigued by the clips of Oblivion, so I’m glad to hear it lived up to the promise. Have a great rest of April, Kait.
Enjoying some down time will make you all the more productive later in the week. Have a good one, Kait!