Wow. I haven’t posted in days. I kept meaning to and getting sidetracked. Lots of personal distractions. My mom is having outpatient surgery tomorrow. Not a big thing but a nuisance, so we’ve been getting ready for that. She has to stay off her foot for a month, so she’s staying with us (we have no stairs).
Holiday movie season has started in our house. We kicked it off with Last Holiday and The Holiday, two of my very favorite movies. I’ve got my Holiday TV guide printed and I’ll be highlighting my faves to figure out what I can watch live and what I should DVR. On the list are (in no particular order).
- The Grinch (Jim Carey version)
- How The Grinch Stole Christmas (traditional animated one)
- Polar Express
- The Santa Clause
- A Charlie Brown Christmas
- A Christmas Carol (This is always a tossup between the Patrick Stewart version and the new animated one)
- Smoky Mountain Christmas
- A Holiday To Remember
- White Christmas (there will be a party accompanying this viewing, as I found out recently that my oldest friend has NEVER SEEN IT)
White Christmas is my hands-down favorite. I know, that’s such a shock since I just wrote an entire novella around the story. I just LOVE the music and the story and Danny Kaye just makes me grin. He’s such an adorable goofball. And thank God for it. In the course of writing Be Careful, It’s My Heart, I watched the stage production on Youtube and read the screenplay. As originally written, Phil was really a dog and a womanizer. SO glad the producer/director went in the direction they did for the movie.
What is your favorite holiday flick?