- Let’s get the important bit of this #ROW80 progress report out there first–I finished my NaNo novel. This is the first in another contemporary romance trilogy that’s unrelated to Wishful–but is set in the Colorado town where Once Upon A Snow Day and Once Upon An Heirloom take place. There are totally a few Easter eggs in there for readers of those stories. I’ll still need to revise, but I’m really pleased with knocking it out.
- My reward for finishing was to have a girlfriend over last night for the annual viewing of Christmas in Connecticut. This was a new to me movie last year, and I was lucky enough to see it as part of a triple feature on the big screen at Cinemark. I love it so, so much! Hilarity and hijinks. Barbara Stanwyck is amazing. And of course I totally have an “inspired by” novel to go with it. Someday.
- There is, of course, no rest for the wicked. I got bunnied by a Christmas Meet Cute while wandering Lowes this week. I got the first half plotted out over the weekend. Hoping to knock out the other half of the outline today and dive in tonight or tomorrow. It’s fun to hang out in Wishful for Christmas.
- I got a pretty decent amount of decluttering done around the house this weekend. There was a kitchen table under all that mess! Hubs is having a cleaning service run by a friend of ours come in to do a deep clean later this week. MERRY CHRISTMAS TO US!!!! That will help so much. We’ve been trying to get assorted junk put away so they can get TO stuff to clean.
- I also spent an hour out in one of the flowerbeds, slowly reclaiming it from the weeds. I hate yard work. Like, seriously loathe it. 90% of this is because we live in Mississippi and ergo working in the yard = hot and sweaty and gross. But I’m also highly allergic to…everything that grows. So this time of year, when it’s in the 40s and 50s and I can actually dress with all my skin covered, is the only time I don’t mind it so much. But really, it’s this Sisyphean task. THE WEEDS NEVER STOP. I literally used the sharpshooter shovel to pry up CHUNKS of SOD from the…whatever kind of grass is infesting that bed. If I ever make serious money, someday I’m going to have a YARD SERVICE.
- I’ve got two more weeks until I’m out for the holiday from the Evil Day Job and I can’t wait! I’ve got LOTS of plotting I want to do, several holiday reads I want to plow through, and the requisite holiday movie viewing. I still haven’t watched White Christmas yet. But lots and lots to do before then, so it’s back to the grindstone!
You know, I had never watched White Christmas until you started talking about it while writing Be Careful, It’s My Heart. Great movie!
It looks like life is going great for you lately, especially in the writing area. And yay for getting a service to do some deep cleaning. I might do that someday soon. Oh, my awful baseboards!
OMG. Don’t even get me started about the baseboards! So much gross.
Writing has been going really well for me this round, and I’m super pumped about everything planned for next year.
Congrats on finishing the novel. And getting some plotting done on another story.