Because I work for a university, one of the epic perks is a long Christmas break. Since we’re off until after New Year’s, it doesn’t ever REALLY feel like a new year until I get back to work and into the normal routine. Today is that day and I’m raring to go. I’ve got eleventy billion things to catch up on, so I’m just gonna rip out my goals here real quick.
- Successfully complete Whole 30. Okay not a writing goal, but I’m also starting this today, so it gets listed.
- Write 20 out of 30 days. One of these days I should up this just because I usually hit nearly all 30 days most of the time, but as soon as I remove the wiggle room, I’ll miss it.
- Continue to get up during the week at 5:15 to write before my morning workout. I started doing this during NaNo last Round and had surprisingly good luck with it. It really helped me up my total word counts and keep my head in the story more easily the rest of the day.
- Finish Just For This Moment, Piper and Myles’ novella. I started this one with the new year and have finally hit my stride. God I love these two. They’re so fun.
- Outline and finish Sooper Seekrit project Book 2. It’s partially outlined already, so I just need to finish that out.
- Get back into my weekly gym routine. I sorted out a new lifting routine over Christmas and started that this morning. I am opting to wait until I finish Whole 30 to give C25k a try again.
- Learn Audacity. I want to give audiobooks a try. I thought I’d maybe turn some of my Meet Cutes into Podiobooks. We’ll see how that goes. I bought a course last year on how to do it. I just need to go through it.
Anyway, that’s it. Back to the grindstone.
[iframe src=”http://giphy.com/embed/LHZyixOnHwDDy” width=”500″ height=”270″ frameBorder=”0″ webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen][/iframe]
Hi, Kait! I had to go check out that Whole30 you mentioned. It would probably do wonders for me and my sisters and mother, but Mom buys the food by whatever is on sale in a 20 mile radius, and then tries to make something with it. We learned how to be adventurous eaters because of her cooking (although the mushrooms in the chocolate cake was an accident).
I hope you’ll consider reporting back to us on what you learn about working with Audacity!
Good luck with your goals! 😀
As always, impressive and forward moving. As the headmistress of it all, of course you’ve got the awesomeness down.
But, I must say… I have enough issues getting out of bed at 5:45am. I can’t even imagine losing another 30 minutes. Thankfully, my husband fears me being sleep cranky (I’m a monster, rawr) and encourages me to sleep as much as I can. 😉
And I hope getting back to the gym works out for you. Getting back to running isn’t working out for me. I kind of smashed my pinkie toe into a fireproof safe. I jacked it up and it hurts just wearing shoes, not even moving. So, that’s being pushed back for me. Keep your toes safe!!! (Keep them away from safes!)
I highly recommend turning Meet Cutes into a podiobook. Then again, I’m a little biased. 🙂