Look at me. I’m actually remembering to blog ON Sunday for the Sunday check-in. This is largely because I have actual progress to report.
- I officially hit THE END on Just For This Moment Friday night. Myles and Piper were a lot of fun and I look forward to seeing them out in the world. The manuscript is off to The Pink Hammer, and I’ve spent the weekend doing a reread of the first book in the Sooper Seekrit trilogy and working through the toolkit for the second. This was actually the first straight through read I’d done of Sooper Seekrit book 1 since I finished it in December. It needs some revision (and hasn’t had its trip to the Hammer yet either), but it came out pretty well for a first draft. I still love the story and the characters, and I’m looking forward to diving back into that world for the next installment.
- I’ve just finished my first batch of kitchen stuff for the day–special Valentine’s candy for hubs. Really hoping it turns out, as I’m not the only Star Wars fan in the house (he got me a bouquet of Storm Troopers–because he’s awesome like that). We shall see when it comes out of the freezer. (Update: They turned out! Pics to come). Still need to roast some chicken breasts for the week here in the next little bit and grab a shower before I head in to the coffee shop for the afternoon.
- I’m hoping to get some more intensive character development done today. I’m a step beyond charicature so far, but a good ways from having my hero and shero become real. I was supposed to be starting this book 2 weeks ago, but my original schedule was banking on Piper and Myles just being a novella. I’ve thought about going ahead and diving into this book, as I’ve got all my major plot points and the first act plotted. I should have a better idea of what all needs to go in the other 3 acts once I’ve gotten through that. But I’m undecided. We’ll see.
- I might take the week to just deep work the toolkit, catch up on some reading (I’d like to finish Jamie Farrells Southern Fried Blues, which is fabulously hilarious, and Maisey Yates’ latest Copper Ridge Cowboys novella, Hometown Heartbreaker), and I’ve got a marketing course I’d like to dig a little deeper into.
- And as I apparently forgot to hit publish on this earlier, I did finish Southern Fried Blues, which was absolutely delightful. I highly recommend!