Yeah, I know, I’ve been a total post slacker lately. For those loyal few who keep coming back here, thanks for sticking with me! We’ve been trying to get a federal grant application out the door at the day job, finals started for the 3 classes I’m teaching, I’m in the midst of designing a class for next semester, I was sick, and I’ve been trying to fall back in love with my WIP. (Oh, hey, that’s five…goes with the theme today) So far that’s going fairly well since I identified the source of my funk with it. I’m not averaging enormous numbers (a little over 700 a day), but I’m okay with that because I’m moving forward, and that’s the important part. I’m not freaking out about not meeting NaNo goals or even my 70 Days of Sweat quota.
Candy Havens is starting a new class today called “Out of the Box and On the Page”, which is designed to get you unstuck and back into your book–obviously this is good timing.
Today’s Assignment: We’re supposed to come up with 5 reasons why we love writing, then 5 reasons why we think our WIP rocks. I thought it would be a good exercise for me, so I figured I would post it here.
5 Reasons I Love Writing
- It allows me an escape from the not so pleasant aspects of real life.
- It is the one thing I do that is entirely for me.
- Sublimation is the highest form of defense mechanism–so it’s a healthy way for me to deal with my personal conflicts.
- It allows me to indulge in the idea that I somehow have control over something in the universe.
- It’s just plain fun. As a writer I don’t have to give up my imaginary friends 😀
5 Reasons I Think Til Death Rocks
- My snarky ghost is just damn fun.
- Wyatt is a charming and appealing hero.
- This book is allowing me to portray a much more complex psychology of my characters.
- I actually came up with a theme.
- Who doesn’t love a lovingly nosy grandmother with serial matchmaking tendencies?