My brain refuses to engage today, so in lieu of some scintillating post, I’m sharing some of the interesting writing sites I found through StumbleUpon.
- Language Is A Virus: I particularly like the Widgets to Cure Writer’s Block
- Writerisms and other Sins: This is a great list of lazy writing habits we often fall into and should avoid in order to keep our writing strong.
- 911 Writer’s Block: Stuck in your current plot? Use this site to dial your way to a solution.
- Free Online Rhyming Dictionary: A tool for poets or maybe for coming up with titles.
- Phrase Thesaurus: Now this is handy. How often do I need another way to say a phrase but can’t think of one?
- Cliche Finder: A search engine to help you find the perfect cliche. For example, when I plugged in “wolf”, I got back “wolf in sheep’s clothing”; “cry wolf”; “wolf down your food”; “wolf whistle”; “keep the wolf away from the door”; “Hungry like the wolf”
Hope you enjoy!