We’re always on the hunt for new forms of tacos. Beef, pork, turkey, chicken, and even a vegetarian lentil taco that I liked but did NOT fly with Mr. Carnivore. This one was a sort of throw-together no brainer because I had a couple cups of stewed chicken left from…some dish or other I cooked. Oh right. Chicken nachos. Equally awesome. Sadly, no pic. They were inhaled. Anyway for these I added in some black beans and spices and used it as filling for our first attempt at gluten free soft tacos (tortilla recipe here). They were quite delicious!
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 teaspoon ancho chili powder
- 1 packet Sazon
- 1/4 cup taco seasoning (I used Ortega…it’s got no MSG)
- 1 cup water
- Add the chicken and black beans to a skillet.
- Add the spices and water and mix well.
- Simmer over medium heat until liquid is evaporated and sauce is thickened.
- Load up in your choice of tortilla or taco shells, add some cheese, sour cream, and fresh guac and go to town.